GainSpan is a leading low power embedded Wi-Fi solutions company focused on connecting things wirelessly to the Internet. Our embedded Wi-Fi chips and modules make it possible to quickly and easily add Wi-Fi to devices, through a serial interface to a device microcontroller. GainSpan's chip handles all Wi-Fi functionalities, networking and security stacks, accelerating wireless device development cycles. Unlike traditional Wi-Fi, GainSpan Wi-Fi is ultra low in power – so low that our pioneering SoC consumes just a few µA of standby current and has a few ms of wake-up latency -- making our products ideal for battery operated devices requiring years of battery life.
You can find GainSpan embedded Wi-Fi at work in all kinds of applications:
• Healthcare and fitness -- we connect personal health sensor devices to monitoring systems, family or clinicians so people live healthier, independent lives.
• Smart Energy -- we help people and businesses monitor and manage their energy consumption for improved efficiency.
• Industrial Controls -- we help companies increase efficiency, improve safety and monitor conditions in every corner of the plant.
• Building Automation -- we help manage lighting, heating, cooling and security - making any building "intelligent."
• Consumer -- we let everyday devices to talk to each other, allowing consumer to control elements in the home -- then connect to the Internet for remote access and control.