This RFID Starter kit includes virtually everything you need to get started with RFID and automation whether it is in your home or business. The kit includes HomeSeer v2.0, Our RFID Software Plug-In (via Download from HomeSeer Updater), One L-RX201-HA Long Range RFID Reader, and The RFID Reader Breakout Cable with Power Supply (Works in EU, AU, and UK too). Just add a variety of long range RFID tags from our selection online for autos, people, and physical assets, and among other things this system becomes the ultimate
Powered by Wavetrend, Customized for iAutomate.com and home automation applications, the HA Edition L-RX201-HA Long Range RFID Reader is used in conjunction with HomeSeer Software or Crestron Systems (Sold Separately) and our RFID Software Plugin and is specifically designed for detection (or absence) of people, vehicles, and personal assets. The RFID Reader provides near field or long range coverage for real-time detection of people, pets, vehicles or anything else you can identify with one of the various RFID tags.
The RFID Reader communicates with either:
- A PC via a standard COM Port Running HomeSeer Software
- Serial Port of a Crestron System (See our RFID Starter Kit if you already own a Crestron System or have HomeSeer installed)
Additional readers can be daisy chained to permit many readers on one CAT5 wire system. Each reader is range settable via software to adjust for the requirements of the room or application. Range adjustable antennas can be discretely hidden in walls, ceilings, and doorways to identify and track tag activity. The L-RX201-HA can simultaneously read multiple RFID tags at ranges of up to 300 feet (with optional antennas), and can also register and report the disappearance or unauthorized movement of individual RFID tags. This model is for use ONLY with Crestron systems or HomeSeer v1.7 or later. A FREE HomeSeer plug-in or FREE Crestron software modules are included or available for download with purchase.
With HomeSeer Software*, you can:
- Control the lights, HVAC, garage door or security system when your car approaches or leaves your home.
The Ultimate Driveway Sensor !
- Detect if vehicle is in the garage.
- Detect a person entering or leaving a room or area.
- Arm or Disarm Security by individual tag.
- Automatically open a "pet" door when your pet approaches the door.
- Control, Lights, Music, and Temperature based upon the presence or absence of a tag - watch your friends be amazed at the total comfort you have in your home when your environment follows you from room to room!
- Track the location of domestic help or children by logging in to your HomeSeer system from anywhere in the world.
- Get notified by email or phone* when a child gets home from school.
- Use an alarm tag with loved ones needing assistance and provide them with both the means of alerting you when they are in trouble and for you to monitor them for normal, uninhibited activity.
- Inhibit Video, Audio or other controls if a tag is not present.
- Track physical assets and perform notification if one is "removed" from an area.
- Get notified if pets wander outside of a given range.
- Sound an alert when kids wander outside of a given range or wander near hazards such as swimming pools and streets.
- Get reminders to take out the trash if the garbage can is still detected at the house on garbage night.
- Using Optional Keyfob, Log When Teens leave and arrive back home.
- And Much Much More
Minimum System Requirements for Use With HomesSeer:
- PC with Intel Pentium III or Higher (or equal)
- 512 MB RAM, 1GB if Running XP
- HomeSeer v1.7.30 or Higher
- Windows 2000, Windows NT, or Windows XP
- On Board COM Port or Compatible USB 1.1 to Serial Converter
- USB 2.0 to Serial Adaptor Recommended