What can you do with touchatag? What can touchatag do for you?
- Touchatag enables you to link real world objects to the online world, making various web, PC or telecom applications easily accessible
- You apply intelligent, adhesive “tags” to any object, then use a close-range reader to sense the tags and launch an associated application
- You associate a tag to an application using touchatag's website
Make controlling a computer easier for children, the elderly, and the disabled...
- A tagged DVD case launches the movie website or online media
- Your coffee mug starts your e-mail application
- Touching a tagged photo initiates a call to that person
Enrich your life experiences through creative use of physical objects...
- At a party, use a cube to switch between music genres on iTunes or last.fm
- Link souvenirs to the online photo albums
- Send twitter update messages with a touch of your keychain
Show off yourself or your business...
- Link your collectables directly to online information
- Put a 2D barcode on your business card so mobile phone users can access your vCard or social identities
- Link products or places to online users manuals, Wikipedia pages, or personalized advertising
Launching an application with an RFID tag
- Take a coffee mug that is tagged (at the bottom) with an RFID tag
- Place the mug on the reader.
- The reader will trigger your internet browser to open up the news site.
There are 2 kinds of tags that work with the touchatag service:
RFID tags and 2D barcode tags
RFID tags can be read by a touchatag USB RFID reader and by certain models of mobile phones.
2D barcodes can be read by any mobile phone with a camera - as long as you have reader software installed
In case you don't have either of these, you can still resort to our UID input box that will let you manually insert a Unique IDentifier (UID)